We now offer patients the use of a secure web site on the Internet to:
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Book and cancel Appointments
- View your Medical Records
You can do this either by the NHS app or Patient Access.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR NHS login
Owned and run by the NHS, the NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer. To find out more go to nhs.uk/app.
Use the NHS App to:
- get advice about coronavirus– get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments– search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery. See details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice and medical help near you.
- view your health record– securely access your GP health record to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP surgery has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
- register to be an organ donor– choose to donate some or all your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data– choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR PATIENT ACCESS
You must be a fully registered patient, and need a letter from us containing personalised access codes. you can click on the link on the home page and register for an account to get this letter you need to come to Reception and ask for Registration for Patient Access, if you wish to view your medical records you will need to show some photo ID, i.e. passport/driving license. The Receptionist will find you on our computer system and print out your access codes and registration instructions. Once you have the access codes and instructions you can connect to the web site at any time and register.
HOW DO I GET ONTO PATIENT ACCESS?
You can visit this page by clicking on the links from anywhere in this website. The first time you use the site you will be asked to create your account. Here you will need to enter the registration codes given to you by the practice.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS
If one of our doctors has arranged a repeat prescription for you, and the review date has not expired, then you can use PATIENT Access to request a repeat. Prescriptions can be collected 2 full working days after request. Once you have logged onto PATIENT Access you can view any medication items by clicking List of your repeat medication in the Repeat Prescriptions section of the screen. Tick the items you require and then click Make Request. There is no need to add a message relating to your request. You will then see a confirmation screen, providing you are happy with the selection you made, click Confirm.
BOOKING or CANCELLING APPOINTMENTS
You can use Patient Access to book or cancel appointments. You can book a routine appointment to see a GP 48 hours, 1 week 2 weeks or 4 weeks in advance. This service allows patients to book or cancel appointments 24 hours a day. So you can go-online and book appointments when the surgery is closed. This will save you having to telephone the surgery or come down and queue outside in terrible weather as you can go online and book an appointment by using your computer, tablet or smart phone (by downloading the Patient Access app). We now offer 50% of our appointments on line as per CCG recommendations. This will increase to 75% later in the year.
You can view your medical records on-line. If you wish to access this service please let reception know when you are signing up for Patient Access. This means that you will be able to view Medications, Allergies, Problems, Consultations, Immunisations, Test Results, Documents. You can access your medical record 24 hours a day (even when the surgery is closed). We do not permit parents/guardians access to children's medical records for children from the age of 12 years. You can also print any of the information that you need, which would save you having to ask the surgery to do this for you as this may incur a charge.
VIEWING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Clicking on View/Update Your Contact Info (opposite Welcome on the PATIENT Access home page) will show the current details we hold for you. If you need to make any changes click Edit but please note the following points which are very important: Your address: Your address may appear in an abbreviated format on this screen, this is because our computer system limits the address field to a specific width. If you address is abbreviated there is no need to change it unless it is technically incorrect (i.e. wrong flat number).
E-mail: it is useful for us if you can provide a current e-mail address - particularly if you are using our repeat prescription request service. After entering any changes click Submit. You then need to confirm the changes by clicking Confirm. We review all changes when we receive them, and accept them providing they comply with our requirements.